Student awards (scholarships and grants) are non-repayable monetary awards based on merit, financial need, community engagement, leadership, and athletic performance.
The University of Toronto offers thousands of student awards worth more than $106 million annually. Student awards may be based on merit (e.g., scholarships), financial need (e.g., grants), or a combination of both.
Now, read through this article to be enlightened on all the details regarding the University of Toronto Scholarships and thereafter ensure that you are eligible.
Details On The University Of Toronto Scholarships For International Students
The University, its colleges, faculties, and divisions award over 5,000 admission awards that total nearly $25 million and nearly 5,800 in-course awards each year.
University has comprehensive award programs that recognize diverse achievements and respond to students’ need at different levels of study.
Students are automatically considered for a variety of admission awards when they apply to the University. Admission awards also require students to complete a separate application or awards profile.
Note that only all admitted students, including international students, are automatically considered for admissions scholarships. However, these awards tend to be pretty competitive because of the large number of excellent students applying to the University of Toronto each year.
Please note that the admission awards, which are certainly a great help, are not designed to cover the full cost of international tuition, so it is best to have other funding plans.
University of Toronto Available Scholarships for International Students
1. Admission Scholarships
Admission awards are for newly admitted students entering the University of Toronto in year one of their undergraduate studies.
Some of which include;
- Barbara McCann Tribute Scholarship – Awarded to a student (preferably female) entering the first year of any undergraduate program in the Faculty on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated leadership.
- Betz Entrance Scholarship in Electrical and Computer Engineering – Awarded to student(s) entering the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering on the basis of academic achievement. Extra-curricular activities, including a focus on design, may also be considered.
- Braemar College – the University of Toronto Award for Excellence – To be awarded to a Braemar College student on admission to the University of Toronto on the basis of academic merit.
- Chinese Canadian Pharmacists’ Association (Ontario) Entrance Scholarship – The Chinese Canadian Pharmacists’ Association (Ontario) offers a scholarship to a student who is accepted into the Doctor of Pharmacy program with high academic achievement who has not received another entrance scholarship
- Claire M.C. Kennedy Engineering Admission Award – Awarded to a student entering their First Year in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry with demonstrated financial need. Preference will be given to a female student who demonstrates interest in STEM-related activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics).
- Clayton W Kehoe Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship was created to encourage young people to pursue higher education and make lasting contributions to their communities through their studies at St. Michael’s College.
- Colonel F. A. Tilston Admission Scholarship – The late Colonel F.A. Tilston established admission scholarships for students entering the First Year of the Doctor of Pharmacy program with the highest admission index and who have not received an admission award of greater value.
- Aber Scholarships in Applied Science & Engineering – $10,000 awarded to a student entering First Year Mineral Engineering on the basis of academic standing. The award is renewable (valued at $5,000) for the Second, Third, and Fourth years, provided students continue in the program. Recipients must be from Nunavut, North West Territories, or Yukon Territories.
- Allan Wai Chiu Mok and Isa Po Po Gok Admission Scholarship – Awarded to a full-time student entering the First Year of any program in the Faculty on the basis of academic merit.
- Allen X. Ma Scholarship for Excellence in Leadership – Awarded to an international Rotman Commerce student with demonstrated community engagement and vision to impact the world.
- Arthur B.Johns Admission Scholarship – Awarded to a student or students entering the first year, full-time, Civil Engineering, on the basis of outstanding academic merit. Preference is given to students who have demonstrated leadership in the community and through extra-curricular activities.
2. Graduating Scholarships
- 3M Clinical Award – The 3M Clinical Award, provided by 3M Canada Inc., consists of a prize of $1,000, a certificate, and a 3M Filtek™ Supreme Ultra Masters Kit. This is awarded to a Fourth Year DDS student who has demonstrated excellence and superior aptitude in using conservative restorative materials in the final year of the clinical undergraduate program.
- A. B. Platt Award, Toronto Section of the Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers – Awarded to a student completing the Fourth Year of Mechanical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering, whose work in tribology (friction, wear, lubrication, or wear resistant coatings) is considered to be the most satisfactory.
- A. C. Hollis Hallet Scholarship for Physics – Gift of the University College Alumni Association in honor of former principal Hallett’s outstanding contributions to the college; this award has a value of $500 and is awarded to the student graduating with the highest cumulative average in a four-year program in physics or the physical sciences.
- Adams Gold Medal – Awarded to the graduating student with the highest overall A standing who has completed the Specialist Program in Economics and/or Political Science.
3. Incourse International Scholarships
In-course awards are open to current U of T students, while graduating awards are awarded to graduating students who are in the final year of their degree. These awards are issued based on academic merit and/or financial need.
- 2 Canadian Army University Course Award – Awarded to a student proceeding to the Third Year of any undergraduate program in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. This student must have displayed high academic achievement and participated in other disciplines, i.e., sports, drama, and school activities. The student must demonstrate financial need.
- 5T6 Civils Scholarship – Awarded to a student who completes Second Year, Civil Engineering, on the basis of high academic merit and leadership as demonstrated through involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- 7T6 Chemical Engineering Scholarship – Awarded to a full-time student proceeding to 4th Year in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry on the basis of academic success with a preference for student(s) who excelled in Engineering Thermodynamics.
- A. D. Allen Memorial (In-Course) Scholarship – Awarded to the outstanding student at the completion of each year at the University of Toronto Scarborough in any field of study.
- Aaron Botelho Memorial Scholarship – Awarded to an undergraduate Civil or Mineral Engineering student who demonstrates strong participation in the University of Toronto Civil and/or Mineral Engineering community through extra- or co-curricular activities, such as student clubs, and networking events, volunteerism, Departmental social activities, etc. Preference will be given to students in this order: mature students, students who overcome adversity, and/or Mineral Engineering students. Academic merit may also be considered.
How To Apply
Most scholarships by the University of Toronto don’t require an online application, for you have to be selected after your exceptional academic excellence.
However, just a few can be applied online, so head below and click on the apply now link to be directed to the official website.
Conclusion On University Of Toronto Scholarships For International Students
Now, if you want to study for the University Of Toronto Scholarships For International Students through the given scholarships above, then go for it and start preparing now!
Now’s your chance with this selection of university Of Toronto Scholarships For International Students; you, therefore, have no limitation from applying for the University Of Toronto Scholarships For International Students scholarship.