Are you seeking Canadian General Laborer Jobs? Worry no more, for you may be able to consider multiple job options and find ones that pay the best or offer the most opportunities.
The unemployment rate for this career is around 7%. It is typically very easy for people to find a job in this career.
You can start with no experience as a construction site laborer, then take on training as you go. You can also find an apprenticeship or college course if you prefer.
No matter what the case may be, with or without experience, there are multiple Canadian General laborer jobs for you to apply for now!
General laborers are workers who take up various supporting tasks in warehouses, construction sites, or other settings (e.g., factories).
According to this general laborer definition, these workers may have an essential assisting role in constructing highways, buildings, or other structures and transport materials and equipment.
General Laborers are responsible for manual tasks such as digging trenches, unloading building materials, and preparing job sites. They use hand tools like shovels or picks while operating machinery to help them with their work and assist crews with other necessary tasks.
Industries/Places For This Job
This General Laborer job can find a role in a factory, warehouse, construction site, or manufacturing company. They usually work in construction, where they help erect scaffolding, clean up sites and assist specialized workers such as painters and electricians.
General laborer duties vary depending on the setting they work in and their level of specialization. Occasionally, general laborers take up dangerous tasks like handling chemicals or removing lead from buildings. In these cases, you might be required to schedule training sessions on working with hazardous materials safely.
General Laborer job duties include:
- Cleaning up worksites from debris and machinery
- Helping erect scaffolding and ladders
- Handling and transporting materials (e.g., cement)
General Laborer Qualifications
As for general laborer qualifications, there usually aren’t any educational requirements, but formal or informal apprenticeships via unions or contractors are common.
Critical general laborer skills also include stamina, ability to follow instructions, and commitment to safety.
Available Canadian General Laborer Jobs
There are several general laborer jobs in Canada, and the job bank, the official website of Canada for ob search alone, has over 5000 general laborer jobs.
Some of which include;
1. General Laborer in Richibucto, NB
Atlas Structural Systems is an award-winning manufacturer specializing in designing and manufacturing pre-engineered structural systems for commercial and residential construction projects in Eastern Canada. Their integrated roof, wall, and floor systems offer proven quality, great benefit, and value.
General Laborers will work as a team to build roof trusses or on small projects such as sheds, garbage bins, etc. Experience is not required.
- Take measurements, and connect wooden components to match design specifications.
- Measure, cut, and shape wood and other materials.
- Follows procedures and demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Communicates and works with the team.
- Safety mindset
- Great attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Able to work in hot, cold, and variable temperatures
- Able to do physical work
- A safe work environment
- Monday-Friday shifts
- Blue Cross Benefits
- Incentive programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
2. Skilled Laborer
Looking for people with mid to knowledgeable level of skilled work experience, having your tools is considered an asset; however not necessary (Looking for energetic, skilled, and general laborers seeking full-time opportunities.)
The job duties of a general laborer vary on a day-to-day basis.
- They include opening/closing job sites, cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials, and using various tools and machines such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors push schedules and meet occupancy.
What They Offer
Medical and Dental benefits, pension plan, and opportunity for advancement within a rapidly growing company.
3. Laborer General Manufacturing
Located in Saint-Hubert, on the south shore of Montreal, Tekdata Metal Solutions is a company that designs and manufactures products from sheet metal.
TekData is currently looking for a production day laborer to occupy various positions to support the production department.
- Prepare the parts for assembly.
- Assemble and package the parts.
- Clean equipment.
- Respect production priorities.
- Perform various maintenance and servicing works.
- All other related tasks.
Competitive salary according to experience and qualifications.
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Salary: $ 15.00 to $ 22.00 / hour
- Ends at 1 p.m. Friday.
- Possibility of overtime.
- DES (High School Diploma).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Manual dexterity.
- Know metric and imperial measurements.
- Ability to read plans and execute related tasks.
- Precision and thoroughness.
- Keep your environment clean and safe.
- Asset – Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Essential – dextérité manuelle Manual dexterity
- Essential – Keep your environment clean
- Essential – Precision and thoroughness
- Knowledge and abilities
- Asset – DES (High School Diploma)
- Important – Know metric and imperial measurements
- Important – Ability to read plans and execute
4. General Laborer- House Renovations
Looking for a General Laborer who is good with tools, demolitions, flooring & tile installation, an asset, dry walling, etc. (They are looking for a General Laborer for Various Home Renovations)
How To Apply
To apply, kindly refer to the apply now link below. Once you are directed to the official website, navigate the numerous general laborer jobs and ensure you apply for the one that best suits your skills.
Salary Of Canadian General Laborer
The average general laborer salary in Canada is $29,250 per year or $15 per hour.
Entry-level positions start at $25,840 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $35,100 per year.
Conclusion On Canadian General Laborer Jobs
Laboring is a tough job that can be suitable as you’re always on the go, and in general, laborers have a very positive job outlook.
This is a very flexible job, but you must have a lot of strength to succeed in this ca; however, that should not deter you, so ensure to apply from the link above!